Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
Simpson General Providing Covid-19 Treatment
MENDENHALL, MS — Simpson General Hospital is providing Regen-Cov™ infusions to patients who have tested positive for Covid-19 and meet other criteria for treatment. These infusions are being administered on an outpatient basis in the main hospital only.
In addition to testing positive for the virus, patients must also meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for a Regen-Cov treatment:
• Have a BMI of over 25 kg
• Have chronic kidney disease
• Have diabetes
• Have immunosuppressive disease
• Are currently receiving immunosuppressive treatment
• Are 65 years of age or more
• Are age 12-17 with BMI greater than 85th percentile for their age and gender based on the CDC growth charts
• Are pregnant
• Have cardiovascular disease
• Have hypertension
• Have chronic lung disease
• Have Sickle cell disease
• Have neurodevelopmental disorders (ex: cerebral palsy) or other conditions that confer medical complexity
• Have a medical-related technological dependence (ex. Tracheostomy, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation) not related to Covid-19
Regen-Cov is a medicine used to treat mild to moderate symptoms of Covid-19 in non-hospitalized adults and adolescents who are at high risk for developing severe Covid-19 symptoms or the need for hospitalization. It has been authorized for emergency use by the FDA. It is given through an infusion in a medical setting and usually takes 1 ½ to 2 hours to administer.
Anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 and is interested in this treatment should call 601-847-8226. A provider will speak with patients to determine eligibility and offer more information on side effects, exclusions for treatment, and what to expect during the infusion. Patients will not be charged for this procedure. Visit simpsongeneral.com for more information.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.