Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward a small commission – at no extra cost to you.

Whom should I contact if I have a question or concern about my neighborhood? It’s always a good idea to contact your elected official, your Alderman.

If you are not sure what ward you live in, call Penny Aguirre in Zoning at City Hall, 601-721-0066 or 601-849-3344, or stop by City Hall to chat with Mayor Dale Berry.

Ward 1 Mark Grubbs   601-260-7177

Ward 2 Sue Honea (at-large Alderman) 601-310-6881

Ward 3 Lane Steele  601-906-8973

Ward 4 Patrick Brown   601-382-3477

Whom should I contact if I have questions or concerns about Fire and Life Safety Codes for the City? You should call the Fire Marshal Charlie Valadie at 601-613-0000.

Whom should I call if I have questions about Property Maintenance Codes, including inoperable vehicles? You should call City Inspector Shane Steele at 769-229-2707.

Whom should I call if I have questions about building permits? You should call Building Inspector Phillip Magee at 601-382-2561.

Whom should I call if I have questions about zoning, including the presence of inoperable vehicles or potential hazardous material accumulation? You should call Penny Aguirre at 601-721-0066 or 601-382-0446.

What if I have a question but don’t know exactly whom to speak to? You should call City Hall at 601-849-3344 and speak to any of the Deputy Clerks.


Thanks to Penny Aguirre for the valuable information!” is an online news website covering Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.