Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
The Simpson County Board of Supervisors met Tuesday, September 6, 2022 for their regular scheduled meeting.
Bids and Proof of publication for Project #LSBP-64(24) were held at 9:00 a.m. All bids were opened and re-tallied. R & C Services LLC from Jackson , Ms was awarded the cheapest and best bid at $501,078.25.
Buddy Wolverton, County Engineer, reported the status of State-Aid & LSSBP as of August 31, 2022
- SAP-64(64)– Grade, drain, base and surface for Star to Braxton. 20% completions with 13% Elapsed time. Contractor is completing clearing and grubbing operation.
- LSBP-64(24)– Bridge Replacement Shorter Road – Advertising! open bids Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
- SAP-64(65)– (Bridge Replacement) Dry Creek Road – Can proceed with right of way acquisition. Have mailed out utility agreements.
- LSBP-64(25) – Bridge Replacement Peacock Road – Office Review Plans were mailed to State Aid on July 25, 2022. Starting environmental review process.
- 2022 Simpson County Resurfacing Project – Roads 1A-5O – 52.52% Completed and 65.38% Elapsed time. Contractor has completed base repair, edge and leveling operations. Awaiting reseal operations to begin.
Road Manger Ben Warren advised rock and tar was at 75% complete. Weather is still holding the completion of the project. Wall Spraying on the side county roads has taken place.
Tax Assessor Jamie Brewer provided the surrender tag list for August to be made part of the minutes.
Sheriff Paul Mullins presented the Summit invoices for the jail at a cost of $25,010.68 which was approved by the board. The board approved the hiring of Christopher Cook and a jailer full time, Casey Bowen Dispatch new hire certified part-time, and Michaela Smith dispatch new hire full time non-certified. The ROCIC invoice fJuly 2022- June 2023 was approved at a cost of $300.00.
Expect increase in Solid Waste charges. The board received the new charges for the solid waste. Presently $25.21 per ton is paid. The new rate will be $29.50 per ton. The board will determine if an increase is needed for solid waste to cover new charges at a later date.
Approval was grated for the Election Commissioners and Circuit Clerk Whitt Fortenberry to attend the Election commissioners’ Association of Mississippi (ECAM) annual educational conference in Philadelphia, MS January 24-26, 2023.
County Administrator, Rhuel Dickerson, was approved to attend the Mississippi Crime Stoppers Educational Conference in Biloxi, MS, October 18-21, 2022. Fee is paid through MS Crime Stoppers with the exception of travel mileage and meal.
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 11, 2022
Future Board Meetings:
- Thursday, September 15. 2022
- Friday, September 30, 2022
- Monday, October 3, 2022
- Friday, October 14, 2022
- Monday, November 7, 2022
A video of the meeting is attached for viewing.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.