Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
MENDENHALL, MS — Simpson General Hospital is offering Covid booster vaccines in its three clinics for patients who have previously received a Covid vaccine at one of the three clinic locations.
“Every vaccinated person does NOT need a booster at this point,” said Shana Lane, Simpson General’s Director of Infection Control. “There are only certain people who fit into the high-risk category, and these people should think seriously about boosting their immunity through another shot.”
For patients who have received a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, the booster will involve administering a third round of the same vaccine. For those who received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, it is recommended that their next dose be the Pfizer vaccine. Patients should bring their vaccination card with them to their appointment and discuss with their provider the recommended vaccine treatment.
At this point, Simpson General clinics are only giving booster vaccines to patients in the high-risk category, those who have factors associated with an immunocompromised condition.
• Active or recent treatment for solid tumor or hematologic malignancies
• Receipt of solid-organ or recent hematopoietic stem cell transplant
• Severe primary immunodeficiency
• Advanced or untreated HIV
• Treatment with immunosuppressive medications such as cancer chemotherapeutic agents, TNF blockers, certain biologic agents (e.g., rituximab), and high-dose corticosteroids
• History of Diabetes
• Chronic conditions associated with varying degrees of immune deficit, such as asplenia or chronic renal disease.
• Other underlying medical conditions and treatments that may lead to immunosuppression based on the physician or clinical team assessment.
Those who believe they are eligible should wait at least four weeks after their final dose of their first round of vaccinations. After this time, they can call 601-847-3969 to schedule an appointment, or visit the SGH Drive-Thru Clinic located at 1827C Simpson Highway 149.
Visit simpsongeneral.com for more information.
MageeNews.com is an online news site serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.