Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
All minutes and agenda were approved.
16th Section bid opening was held. Two bids were received. Request to approve that Richton Tie & Timber be awarded the Timber sale for the newly purchased Davis Land at the proposed school site. Sale will be pay as cut with bids attached. Six timber companies were contacted to bid on the proposed sale and two submitted bids. South Mississippi Timber and Richton Tie & Timber.
A request to approve timber sale advertisement for Section 16-2N-6E. Sale will be a final sale with bids to be opened 6/8/2022. Sealed bids will be received by the Simpson County Board of Education up to and no later than 2:00 p.m., June 8, 2022, for the right to cut and remove all timber, standing or down, designated for that purpose on: Section 16, Township 2 North, Range 6 East – Lump Sum – 74 acres Simpson County, Mississippi.
Bid results for Mendenhall High School and Simpson Central: The bid for the Mendenhall cafetorium was rejected. The Simpson Central project bid was awarded to Chris Albritton Construction.
The following consent agenda was approved.
· Capital Asset Disposals
· Dr. Antioinette Woodall, Romonica Feazell and Bill Broadhead request permission to attend the AASA Learning 2025 Conference, June 28-30, 2022 in Washington, DC.
· George Huffman, Tracye Pierre, Maron Lacey, Paul Lawrence, Derricka Thomas, Romonica Feazell, and Duriel Banks request permission to attend the Administrative Retreat, July 17-19th in Biloxi.
· Kenyatta Durr request permission to attend the MS ACTE Conference, July 25-27, 2022 in Biloxi.
· Lindsay Purdum and Kimberly McCann request permission to attend UCA Cheer Camp with Magee High cheerleaders, June 7-10, 2022 at MS State University.
· Deia Sanders and Stephanie Hubbard request permission to attend the MS Educator iReady Summit, July 18-19, 2022.
· Permission to seek approval from MDE for the 8th-grade course Keystone, to be converted to Cyberfoundations 2.
· Consider approval of 2022-2023 Re-Start Plan.
· Permission to accept the donation of two (2) copiers from Nexion Health Services.
· Approval of RFP bid for Social and Emotional Learning–Bid opening 5-12-22 @ 10 am.
Financials were moved to a special called meeting on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. due to poor connection via zoom.
Judith Jones, Covid Director, stated numbers were down to almost nothing the month of April. May has had a few more cases reported mainly to the district office where there was an outbreak. The district office was closed for a week.
Dr. Holloway discussed starting a Portrait of a Graduate. An advisory committee of 2 students from each school will be developed along with teachers, principals, and community leaders.
Surveys were sent out to parents, students, faculty with a good response.
A special called meeting will be held Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. in the district office.
With no further business meeting was adjourned.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.