Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
The Simpson County School Board met Monday, January 24, 2020 for a special called meeting to discuss spending of CARES money, Equity in Distance Learning Application, for Chrome Books. Once the SCSB approves the application, the application will be submitted to MDE. Once MDE approves the application, SCSD will place an order to purchase the Chromebooks. Per MDE and S.B.3044, the Chromebooks must be ordered by districts no later than 9/11/20.
Once Chromebooks have been received by the district and payment made to the vendors, SCSD will complete the request for reimbursement from MDE.
The board approved moving forward with the purchase of the Chromebooks subjected to Counsel’s review to determine if the district will be potentially exposed to any significant financial liability.
The district will purchase over 3,0000 Chromebooks to insure all students and teachers in the district will have a computer.
The following contracts were approved by the board:
- Academic and Career Technical Education Dual Enrollment/Credit Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between Simpson County School District and Copiah Lincoln Community College.
- Region 8 Mental Health Services
The Board approved the following HR Hires for Covid -19 Director and School Nurses.
- Shundra Wilson School Nurse Magee High School
- Tina Benton School Nurse Mendenhall High School
- Alisha Kennedy School Nurser Magee Middle School
- Anna Garner School Nurser Mendenhall Junior High School
- Judith Jones director of Covid -19 Health and Wellness
With no further action meeting was adjourned.
MageeNews.com is an online news service serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.