Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
Simpson County Board of Supervisors met for their regular scheduled meeting Monday, October 4, 2021.
Dave Vann with Region 8 met before the board to present his annual report and to thank the board for their continued help and support.
Buddy Wolverton, County Engineer, reported the status of State-Aid & LSSBP Projects as of September 30, 2021.
- SAP-64(16)M – Surface Maintenance on Cato Road is at 90% completed with 80% Elapse time. The Contractor has completed the chip seal and fog seal operations. Roadway has been striped.
- SAP-64(19)S – Surface Maintenance on Mt. Zion to Shivers Road and St. Johns Road is at 85% completed with 70% Elapse time. The contractor has completed chip deal and fog seal operations. Striping roadway.
- LSBP-64(23) – Bridge replacement on Sofa Road is 53% Completed with 50% Elapse time. Contractor has poured box bridge slab, aprons and walls. Working on top deck.
- SAP-64(64) – Grade, drain, base and surface for Star to Braxton Road is at the stage of working on assembly of P.S.& E assembly was mailed to State Aid on September 8, 2021. Awaiting authorization to advertise.
- LSBP-64(24) – Working on P.S. & E.. Assembly. Have mailed out utility agreement. Awaiting completion of environment review.
- SAP-64(65) – P.S. & E. Inspection was conducted on September 21, 2021. Office Review plans were mailed to State Aid on September 27, 2021. Have started environment review.
Sheriff Paul Mullins presented the following personnel report for hire: Jeffery Mann and Brandon Walker as a new hires for jail part-time. The board approved the request. Board approved to pay PackTrack handler subscription for Jim Blakeney at the cost of $100.00. The board also granted permission for Shea Seghini and Donna Smith SOR training on October 7th and 8th in Flowood, MS. The class will cost mileage only.
Road Manager Ben Warren and Tax Assessor Jamie Brewer presented their reports to the board and to be recorded in the minutes.
Rhuel Dickinson County Administrator presented the following for approval. The board approve the renewal of the membership dues in the Mississippi Circuit Clerks’ Association for $1,000 for Circuit Clerk Witt Fortenberry. the Board consider the ABM Energy Contracts.
Future Board Meeting:
- Friday, October 15, 2021 – Recessed Meeting
- Monday, November 1, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Monday, November 15, 2021 – Recessed Meeting
- Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving Holiday – Thursday and Friday, November 25 & 26, 2021.
A video of the meeting is attached below.
With no further business the meeting entered into executive session.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.