Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
Simpson County Supervisors met Monday, November 1, 2021 for their regular scheduled meeting.
Road Manager Ben Warren presented his report for approval. The board approved the MDOT driveway permit for Joey Higgins, 305 Hwy 541 South Mount Olive on or across Hwy 541 for the protection of the road and road right-of-way and to promote drainage therefrom.
Buddy Wolverton, County Engineer, reported the status of State-Aid & LSSBP Projects as of October 31, 2021.
- SAP-64(16)M – Surface Maintenance on Cato Road is at 90% completed with 80% Elapse time. All major items of construction are complete. Requested final inspection.
- SAP-64(19)S – Surface Maintenance on Mt. Zion to Shivers Road and St. Johns Road is at 90% completed with 80% Elapse time. The contractor has completed chip deal and fog seal operations. Striping roadway and installed signage.
- LSBP-64(23) – Bridge replacement on Sofa Road is 70% Completed with 60% Elapse time. Contractor has poured box bridge slab, aprons and walls, and top decks. Pouring wingwalls.
- SAP-64(64) – Grade, drain, base and surface for Star to Braxton Road is at the stage of working on assembly of P.S.& E assembly was mailed to State Aid on September 8, 2021. Awaiting authorization to advertise.
- LSBP-64(24) – Working on P.S. & E.. Assembly. Have mailed out utility agreement. Awaiting completion of environmental review.
- SAP-64(65) – 9Bridge Replacement) Dry Creek Road – P.S. & E. Inspection was conducted on September 21, 2021. Office Review plans were mailed to State Aid on September 27, 2021. Have started environment review.
Sheriff Paul Mullins presented the following personnel report for hire: Justin Daniel Brown new hire parti time for jail. and the board approved Jeffery Mann moving from part-time jail to full time. The board approved the payment for renewal of Omnigo Software and payment to Summit Food Services October invoices for the sheriff’s department.
Chancery Clerk Tommy Joe Harvey submitted the Simpson County School Board leases for approval.
Tax Accessor Jamie Brewer presented the surrender tag list for the month. The board approved the contract with Quantum Spatial, Inc. for Aerial imagery and digital orthophotography of the county for $25,536.00.
Future Board Meeting:
- Monday, November 15, 2021 – Recessed Meeting
- Monday, December 6, 2021
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Monday, January 3, 2021
- Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving Holiday – Thursday and Friday, November 25 & 26, 2021.
- Christmas Holiday – Thursday and Friday, December 23 & 24, 2021.
- New Year’s Holiday – Friday, December 31, 2021.
- MLK/RE Lee Holiday – Monday, January 17, 2021.
A video of the meeting is attached below.
With no further business the meeting entered into executive session.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.