Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
Dr. Randall presented the 2020-2021 state test data and accountability information. Covid played a large part on test scores as expected. Scores were down for the middle school, elementary district, and state wide. State scores have not been received in the state subject areas in high school as to date. The remediation week was used to help with the students scoring lower on the state test. Nearly 100 plus students from each school were in attendance for the remediation.
The agenda and minutes were approved by the board. All financial reports were presented and approved by the board.
Dr. Woodall recognized the students from Simpson Central who received a perfect score on the Math Assessments. They are as follows: Braylon Welch 7th, Samuel Welch 9th, Lydia Booth 4th, Elleance Iadicicco 9th, Logan Cockrell 9th, Kamdyn Patrick 7th, Kipton Lewis 5th, Not pictured- Parker Teasley 8th.
Judith Jones, Director of COVID Nurse, advised the board covid number are on the decrease. COVID-19 numbers have decreased for September among students and staff
who have tested positive. The number of students and staff quarantined are down.
The following consent agenda is approved:
- Approval of the 2021-2022 Instructional Management Plan
- Approval of District Test Security Plan Approval of Adult Meal Price Increase
- Crystal Brewer requests permission to attend the Michigan School Counselor Association Conference, November 14-16, 2021 in Lansing, MI.
- Crystal Brewer requests permission to attend the ASCA Board of Director’s Meeting, October 14-17, 2021 in Alexandria, VA
- Patricia Braddock and eight (8) students request permission to attend the National FFA Convention, October 26-30, 2021 in Indianapolis, IN ACT Work keys Terms and Conditions
- Amplified–Google Workspace
- BSN Sports & Nike Reward Program
- Capital Asset Disposal Report
- CSpire–Service Agreement (VOIP & ECF)
- Permission to solicit competitive term bids for Promethean Branded Products.
- Permission to accept quote from CSpire for unlimited data for Hotspots, pending receipt of Emergency Connectivity Funds (ECF), from October 29, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Permission to accept quote from Trafera for unlimited data and equipment to 8 existing school buses as mobile Smartbuses, pending receipt of Emergency Connectivity Funds (ECF), from November 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Permission to accept technology bids received at bid opening received on October 13, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Simpson County School Board approved in a 5-0 vote to pursue with a consolidated high school with financing options in their October 14, 2021 meeting. As information and updates becomes available, the information will be released to the public.
The district is reviewing Kelly Services. This service group will contract and train substitute teachers for district. By doing this will free up time for the district employees. Substitutes will still be recommended from the principals from each school.
The cafeteria meal plan for adults was approved with an increase to $4.60 per meal.The board approved a pay scale to reflect 25 years for cafeteria employees.
The meeting entered into executive session to discuss student discipline.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.