Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has expanded a recall to more than 2 million pounds, with an expanded list of fully cooked ham and pepperoni products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. A wide variety of products under many brands are implicated.
Alexander & Hornung, of St. Clair Shores, MI, a business unit of Perdue Premium Meat Company Inc., already recalled 234,391 and has now expanded that to 2,320,774 pounds of fully cooked ham and pepperoni products because of possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The problem was discovered when the company notified FSIS that product sampling reported positive Listeria monocytogenes results. Products in addition to those pictured above are involved in the recall. To view product labels click here.
As of the posting of this recall, there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions because of consumption of these products, but it can take up to 70 days for symptoms of Listeria infection to develop.
FSIS is concerned that some products may be in consumers’ refrigerators or freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
The products were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
- “FIVE STAR BRAND PEPPERONI” 1 lb. 3/19/2022
- “WELLSHIRE WOOD SMOKED NO CARVING REQUIRED SPIRAL SLICED ALL NATURAL SEMIBONELESS COOKED SEASONED UNCURED HAM” 6.25 lbs. 1/5/2022
- “WELLSHIRE WOOD SMOKED SEMI-BONELESS ALL NATURAL COOKED SEASONED UNCURED HAM” 6.25 lbs. 12/15/2021
- “WELLSHIRE WOOD SMOKED NO CARVING REQUIRED SPIRAL SLICED ALL NATURAL SEMI-BONELESS COOKED SEASONED UNCURED HAM” 12.5 lbs. 12/20/2021
- “WELLSHIRE WOOD SMOKED SEMIBONELESS ALL NATURAL COOKED SEASONED UNCURED HAM” 12.5 lbs. 12/10/2021
- “NIMAN RANCH All Natural APPLEWOOD SMOKED UNCURED HAM” 4 lbs. 21317 and less
- “Alexander & Hornung Super Trim BoneIn Ham Steak” 1.48 lbs. 2/22/2022
- “Alexander & Hornung Spiral Sliced SMOKED HAM WITH NATURAL JUICES” 16.36 lbs. 12/11/2021
- “Alexander & Hornung Glazed Fully Cooked Spiral Sliced Honey Ham With Natural Juices Ready to Eat” 5.92 lbs. 5/24/2022
- “Amish Country Fresh Brand Glazed Fully Cooked Spiral Sliced Ham with Natural Juices Ready to Eat” 7.38 lbs. 1/15/2022
- “Alexander & Hornung FULLY COOKED READY TO EAT HAM WITH NATURAL JUICES” 5.92 lbs. 21317 and less
- “Amish Valley Glazed Fully Cooked Spiral Sliced Ham with Natural Juices Ready to Eat” 5.55 lbs. 2/22/2022
- “BUTCHER BOY BONELESS FULLY COOKED HAM WATER ADDED” 8.24 lbs. 21317 and less
- “Alexander & Hornung Boneless Ham Water Added Fully Cooked” 1.44 lbs. 3/11/2022
- “Alexander & Hornung Boneless HAM WATER ADDED FULLY COOKED” 2.22 lbs. 3/6/2022
- “Alexander & Hornung Boneless Ham Water Added Fully Cooked” 2.88 lbs. 3/11/2022
- “Lancaster Brand Includes Glaze Packet Hickory Smoked Spiral Sliced Honey Ham with Natural Juices” 22.10 lbs. 1/15/2022
- “Lancaster Brand Includes Glaze Packet Hickory Smoked Spiral Sliced Honey Ham with Natural Juices” 11.06 lbs. 2/19/2022
- “Lancaster Brand Includes Brown Sugar Glaze Packet Spiral Sliced Half Ham with Natural Juices” 11.06 lbs. 2/19/2022
- “food club fully cooked spiral sliced ham WITH NATURAL JUICES honey cured” 2.74 lbs. 2/22/2022
- “food club fully cooked spiral sliced ham WITH NATURAL JUICES includes brown sugar flavored glaze packet” 7.37 lbs 1/29/2022
- Big Y Hickory smoked honey cured spiral sliced ham with natural juices includes glaze packet” 7.37 lbs 2/22/2022
- “Big Y Bone-in hickory smoked butt portion ham WATER ADDED” 7.37 lbs 2/27/2022
- “Big Y bone-in hickory smoked ham steak WATER ADDED” 1.84 lbs. 12/24/2021
- “OPEN NATURE SPIRAL SLICED SEASONED UNCURED HAM SEMIBONELESS COOKED” 6.25 lbs. 1/10/2022
- “WELLSHIRE WOOD SMOKED NO CARVING REQUIRED SPIRAL SLICED ALL NATURAL SEMIBONELESS COOKED SEASONED 6.25 lbs. 1/11/2022
- “GARRETT VALLEY FARMS ALL NATURAL SPIRAL SLICED UNCURED HAM FULLY COOKED SEMI6.25 lbs. 1/11/2022
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. M10125” inside the USDA mark of inspection on their labels.
View labels here.
About Listeria infections
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still cause serious and sometimes life-threatening infections. Anyone who has eaten any recalled product and developed symptoms of Listeria infection should seek medical treatment and tell their doctors about the possible Listeria exposure.
Also, anyone who has eaten any of the recalled products should monitor themselves for the food poisoning symptoms during the coming weeks because it can take up to 70 days after exposure to Listeria for symptoms of listeriosis to develop.
Symptoms of Listeria infection can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache, and neck stiffness. Specific laboratory tests are required to diagnose Listeria infections, which can mimic other illnesses.
Pregnant women, the elderly, young children, and people such as cancer patients who have weakened immune systems are particularly at risk of serious illnesses, life-threatening infections, and other complications. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, their infections can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn, or even stillbirth.
MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.