Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
The City of Magee is searching for a Deputy Clerk.
Starting date is June 6, 2022. Application may be picked up at city hall. Deadline for applications are May 13, 2022.
Salary range is $31,000. The position is based upon board approval.
Benefits are health insurance, state holidays, PERS retirement package. This is a 40 hour a week job Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Bookkeeping experience
- phone skills
- computer skills
- notary public (city will pay for certification)
- police fine clerk (City will train)
- Water and sewer clerk assistant (city will train)
- Clerk will need an insurance bond (city will pay)
Clerk will work under the supervision of the city clerk and the Magee board of Alderman. Candidate will be interviewed and hired by Magee Board of Alderman, Clerk will have a background check. All city employees work at the will and pleasure of the Board of Alderman. All city o are hired on a six month trial basis.
- Balance Cash Drawer daily.
- Key/Process all deposits. Reconcile accounts.
- Process/Maintain Privilege City business license. MageeNews.com is an online news website covering Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.