Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward a small commission – at no extra cost to you.

Magee Fire Department responded to a grass fire Friday afternoon, at approximately 2:00 pm.

The fire was located on the railroad tracks near Goodwater Road, where firefighters said the fire could have possibly been caused by sparks from the train, or flakes of burning rust and/or carbon build-up coming from the exhaust stack of the locomotive.

Magee firefighters quickly responded and extinguished the flames, also saturating the dry pine straw surrounding the tracks, at which time the scene was deemed secured before fire responders returned to the station.
Reporter: Dana Puckett


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.