Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward MageeNews.com a small commission – at no extra cost to you.

In the early morning hours of Wednesday, April 14, 2022, a home located on 3rd Avenue SW burned.  According to a neighbor, the house was occupied by one man who was able to escape the fire.  It appears a generator located in the basement of the split level house malfunctioned causing flammable items to explode.  The explosions could be heard for blocks.

Front and inside of house

According to Fireman Phillip Allan, when the fire units rounded the corner, flames were visible.  

A neighbor informed me a man lived in the house which had no electricity or water.  The Fire Department contacted the Red Cross who is assisting with the person’s needs.

nbsp;

 

 

MageeNews.com is an online news source serving Simpson and surrounding counties as well as the State of Mississippi.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.